[f-nsp] Management stops working on Turboiron TI24X

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Oct 28 08:52:26 EDT 2014

On 27/10/2014 18:14, Chris Hellkvist wrote:
> we have some issues with a Turboiron TI24X that is used as "stupid"
> switch. After we have switched some traffic to this device (basically
> passing trough a 20G LACP to a single 10G port over a tagged VLAN) the
> box stops responding to all management traffic (in-band) from time to
> time for up to 15 minutes.

the management ports on these boxes can freeze up if they get spammed with
certain type of traffic - from incidents in the past, it may be related to
either broadcast traffic or looped traffic.  Management on these boxes is
connected to the forwarding plane in a weird sort of way, so if you use
in-band management, you may be running into the same problem.

Nick