[f-nsp] Random ServerIron Crashes

Kennedy, Joseph Joseph.Kennedy at purchase.edu
Sat Apr 4 11:20:47 EDT 2015

On most platforms you can run "dm save_area” or “dm save_area 0” to view all of the crash dump areas.  If you ran "show tech” aka "show tech-support” aka “show short-tech-support” the crash dump areas are often listed at the end of the report. On some models there may even be a short benchmark run on the modules at the end of the “show tech”. The crash dumps may or may not be helpful to you(or Brocade) in determining the cause of the crashes. BTW, if you reboot manually you will clear the crash dump areas.

If you are looking for a simple cause, you might want to look for hardware anomalies like to compare the DRAM sizes on the management module(s) between your working and crashing SI’s, as well as the size of your CAM on each of the IPC/IGC’s of your modules.

--JK