[f-nsp] Issue with RX-4 running 02900b

Carlos Alfaro Carlos at townsendnetworks.com
Mon Aug 3 15:34:03 EDT 2015

A few questions if I may? or maybe you can point me in the right direction.

The FIB limit is 524288. What happens to excess routes? I understand they won't be installed into FIB but will traffic (Using a route not in FIB) have its traffic passed via software or not at all?

I'm having a bit of trouble getting IS-IS to stand to our existing Juniper core. I believe it is because IS-IS isn't using the interface MTU value. "hello padding" appears to be enabled by default but doesn't appear to work. Are there limiations to using IS-IS on L2 interfaces?

Interface : v55     Local Circuit Number: 00000002
   Circuit Type : BCAST Circuit Mode : LEVEL-1-2
   Circuit State: UP Passive State: FALSE
   MTU : 1497

show int v55
<snip>
  Internet address is 103.52.116.43/29, IP MTU 9174 bytes, encapsulation ethernet

 Thanks

Carlos Alfaro  Tech / Sales Support

Townsend Networks

35 Reed Blvd., Suite A  Mill Valley, CA 94941

415-384-4208

mailto:carlos at townsendnetworks.com