[f-nsp] List filtered BGP routes via SNMP

Brad Fleming bdflemin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:09:20 EDT 2015

> My google and SNMP-fu is failing me - how does one access, via SNMP,
> filtered BGP routes, or via SNMP pull down the received route table to
> compare to the installed routes?
>
> Platform is Brocade MLXe.

This is from an XMR running 5.4 but should be the same for other revs:
show ip bgp neighbor <peer_ip> received-routes

You will need soft-reconfig enabled on the peer to view filtered routes. If you don’t have it enabled already it requires a hard reset of the session. And if this is a peer sending a significant number of routes be mindful of the additional MGMT card RAM consumption.

The SNMP OID is outside my wheelhouse but Brocade has a document titled "IPMIB _Dec2013_Reference.pdf” available under the current release download section. Chapter 49 has a bunch of BGP4 MIB definitions which will probably (hopefully) point you in the correct direction. I don’t know if that MIB PDF is published for public consumption; I pulled it from the support portal.