[f-nsp] MLX throughput issues

Jeroen Wunnink | Hibernia Networks jeroen.wunnink at atrato-ip.com
Wed Feb 18 11:32:00 EST 2015

Try physically pulling the SFM's one by one rather then just
powercycling them. Yes there is a difference there :-)

Also, 5400d is fairly buggy, there were some major issues with CRC
checksums in hSFM's and on 100G cards. We have fairly good results with
5500e

On 18/02/15 16:50, Brad Fleming wrote:
> TAC replaced hSFMs and line cards the first couple times but we’ve
> seen this issue at least once on every node in the network. The ones
> where we replaced every module (SFM, mgmt, port cards, even PSUs) have
> still had at least one event. So I’m not even sure what hardware we’d
> replace at this point. That lead us to thinking a config problem since
> each box uses the same template but after a lengthy audit with TAC
> nobody could find anything. It happens infrequently enough that we
> grew to just live with it.
>

>> On Feb 18, 2015, at 12:45 AM, Frank Bulk <frnkblk at iname.com
>> <mailto:frnkblk at iname.com>> wrote:
>>
>> So don’t errors like this suggest replacing the hardware?
>> Frank

Main numbers (Ext: 1011): USA +1.908.516.4200 | UK +44.1704.322.300
Netherlands +31.208.200.622 | 24/7 IP NOC Phone: +31.20.82.00.623
jeroen.wunnink at hibernianetworks.com
www.hibernianetworks.com