[f-nsp] XMR slow snmp

Eric Cables ecables at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 12:29:56 EST 2015

Do you have any idea how many SNMP requests/sec you're sending to the
device in question? I've seen timeouts like this when the device is
overwhelmed with SNMP requests. Perhaps you have another NMS system that is
sending a lot of queries, or this NMS system is sending them too rapidly?

As far as an snmpbulkwalk, this should be perfectly functional on an XMR
that isn't receiving a lot of SNMP contention from other NMS systems.

-- Eric Cables