[f-nsp] Brocade CES Routing Table Issue

Jordan Hamilton jhamilton at empiredistrict.com
Thu Mar 12 14:42:28 EDT 2015

I have been troubleshooting an issue with Brocade TAC in regards to our Brocade CES that we use for some static routing.  The Firmware has been upgraded and hardware has been replaced and still the problem is occurring.  I have talked to some other carriers I work with that have previously used Brocade gear and switched because of odd issues that could not be resolved with Layer 3.  Curious if anyone on this list has had other odd Layer 3 issues with Brocade/Foundry Networks gear?  My issue seems to be somehow related to the table in memory that the ARP and next-hop entries are stored in, entries will point to the wrong mac address or the wrong port for the next-hop, it happens about every 60 days like clockwork.

Jordan Hamilton
Telecommunications Engineer

Empire District Electric Co.
720 Schifferdecker
PO Box 127
Joplin, MO 64802

Ph:  417-625-4223
Cell:  417-388-3351

--
Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments.  Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.

--
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of THE EMPIRE DISTRICT ELECTRIC COMPANY, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this email is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please delete this message immediately from your computer and contact the sender by telephone at (417)-625-5100.
Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.