[f-nsp] Netiron 5.7 feedbacks

Eric Cables ecables at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 15:22:26 EDT 2015

On a related note, I've been running 5.6f in production now for over a
month without any problems (BGP, OSPF, OSPF-TE, RSVP, BFD, LLDP, UDLD,
sFlow, etc..). There were quite a few defects resolved from 5.4e (what I
upgraded from), which were compelling enough to prompt the upgrade. Also,
autobw underflow, LSP load-sharing beyond 8 paths, and ACL sequence
numbering were nice features released in 5.5/5.6.

Are there known defects in 5.6f that you are waiting to be resolved in
5.6g? If so, do you have the defect ID(s)?

As far as 5.7c, it's really to get the X2 hardware support, which I've been
waiting on for seemingly forever. I don't have the luxury of waiting for
5.7d or later, unfortunately.

-- Eric Cables