[f-nsp] BR-MLX-10Gx4-X CARD_DOWN_REASON_BOOT_FAILED

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Oct 27 15:00:21 EDT 2015

I'm trying to get a BR-MLX-10Gx4-X moved from one XMR to another.  It was
active in the donor XMR.  Both XMRs are running the same software
revision (5.6.0e).  In the XMR it was moved to, it won't boot.

S5: BR-MLX-10Gx4-X 4-port 10GbE Module                      CARD_STATE_DOWN(4)    (previous state = CARD_STATE_SW_LOADED)

Card State Down Reason Code:
0  CARD_DOWN_REASON_NONE
1  CARD_DOWN_REASON_ADMIN_DOWN
2  CARD_DOWN_REASON_CONFIG_MISMATCH
3  CARD_DOWN_REASON_LOSS_HEARTBEAT
4  CARD_DOWN_REASON_BOOT_FAILED

I've tried having it boot in interactive mode and tftp'ing the
monitor/boot/fpga/application software to it.  All of that claims to
succeed, but the card still won't boot.

Is there any way to get a more detailed idea of why it's failing to boot
beyond "boot failed"?