[f-nsp] OSPF EXST/BDR

Josh Galvez josh at zevlag.com
Wed Sep 16 10:31:54 EDT 2015

Greg,

Yes, you can determine the current MTU on any NetIron device by doing:

IP MTU
#show ip int e 1/6 | in mtu
  encapsulation: ETHERNET, mtu: 1500

Interface Frame Size
#show int e 1/6 | in MTU
  Internet address is 10.9.1.17/27, MTU 1548 bytes, encapsulation ethernet

Then change that MTU by:

conf t
int e 1/6
ip mtu DECIMAL   # (IP packet mtu size, default:1500)
ipv6 mtu DECIMAL   # (IP packet mtu size, default:1500)

Or for details on making global ip mtu and frame size changes see:

Change MTU
http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/configuration-guide/netiron-05900-switchingguide/GUID-D87BD747-C4A4-4BF3-B12B-BD716A74075F.html

Change MTU Global
http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/configuration-guide/netiron-05900-switchingguide/GUID-44AB8F87-B478-4468-BEFB-63C71B2E665C.html