[f-nsp] Better traffic distribution on LAG

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Sep 25 19:45:32 EDT 2015

I'm running into an issue where our transport gear can't have their LAGs
hash on IP for egress (from Transport #2 to Brocade MLXe #2), so I need a
way generate more IPs (and MAC addresses) so I can use ECMP on Brocade MLXe
#1 to send traffic to both IPs (and therefore both MACs), and then traffic
should be load-balanced across those unique MACs.

Here's the existing network design:

Internet

Brocade MLXe #1

   10G
  tagged
 VLAN 500

 UNI port
Transport #1
   NNI
  /   \
 /     \
 |      |
 |      |
 \     /
  \   /
   NNI
Transport #2
  |  |  |  |
 1G 1G 1G 1G
     LAG
    tagged
   VLAN 500
 Brocade MLXe #2

  Customer

What about VRRP on the Brocade MLXe #2, and then have a route on the Brocade
MLXe #1 to both the Master IP and Local IP that reside on Brocade MLXe #2?
There wouldn't be a Backup for the VRRP, but that doesn't matter, just need
unique MAC addresses for each Master and Local IP.  That would at least use
two of the four GigE's.

Regards,

Frank