[f-nsp] NetIron 5.8f feedbacks

i3D.net - Martijn Schmidt martijnschmidt at i3d.net
Mon Dec 19 07:47:44 EST 2016

Hi Jörg,

That SKU is a Gen1 module so it's no longer supported as of 5700 and onwards. BR-MLX-10Gx4-X is a Gen1.1 module and should still work in 5800, but I haven't tested it since it'd block the MLXe chassis from running its switching fabrics in turbo mode - which in turn is needed to achieve wirespeed throughput rates on some of the newer high density linecards.

Please note you'll also need MR2 management modules to run >5700 firmware.

Best regards,
Martijn Schmidt