[f-nsp] IronWare 8.0.40 not supported on most products...

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:42:02 EST 2016

Hi

Well, from customer perspective It's hard to hear that engineering
resources are finite. Especially being ICX6650 or ICX6450-C12-PD customer
(we own a lot of both) - both products are just 2 years and 3 months old.
I'd say network device after 2 years since FCS are finally really stable
for critical environments - most of bugs are finally corrected ;-).

Just my 2 cents. I hope you will ports new pure-SW features to 8.0.30 next
builds.

Also ICX7750 price perspective cannot replace ICX6650 when you need maximum
20-26 10GE Ports.

Below are created based on ICX release notes.

Release date     Product
09-30-2013        ICX6450-C12-PD
09-20-2013        ICX6650
06-25-2013        ICX6430-C12, SX800-Gen3
03-12-2012        ICX6430, ICX6450
10-13-2011        ICX6610

Rob