[f-nsp] Double-switched (looped) traffic on Netiron MLX

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Tue Mar 1 16:00:56 EST 2016

Hi,

I have no solution for that beside using vpls/vll-local. I don't think
there is one.
We had that issue many years ago, we had to remove "router mpls" from an
MLX config because of not enough RAM and ran into the same issue.
We opened a support ticket and got an answer like "that is not a supported
setup".
They did not even tell us that transparent-hw-flooding solves this (we
found out later and used it).

btw, transparent-hw-flooding can override the "route-only" statement.
I had another issue where I forgot to disable it on an interface which
resulted in strange issue as long as transparent-hw-flooding was not set.
I was told by Brocade that this also disables some routing-stuff.
A route-only interface will switch traffic for vlans with
transparent-hw-flooding configured.

kind regards
Rolf