[f-nsp] Double-switched (looped) traffic on Netiron MLX

Franz Georg Köhler lists at openunix.de
Wed Mar 2 03:39:20 EST 2016

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 08:29:57AM -0700, Josh Galvez wrote:
> I had a similar problem with a VE in a VPLS.  Try this:
>
> device(config)# no ip icmp redirects
>
> http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/configuration-guide/NI_05800a_SWITCHING/GUID-04EDFD31-E5FB-4593-8434-0DF8EDB3249E.html

Hello,

I have already set no ip icmp redirects.

While this is not a default setting, it is generally a good idea to disable
icmp redirects because the system would otherwise tend to high CPU utilization
as it is analyzing traffic to send icmp redirects (at least if the traffic is
leaving on the same interface).
As most systems ignore ICMP redirects anyway, there is no benefit in keeping
the default option enabled and I strongly recommend to always disable it.

Best regards,

Franz Georg Köhler