[f-nsp] ARP and VRRP-E on FastIron

Chris A. Evans caevans at olp.net
Thu Mar 3 21:53:52 EST 2016

>From the FastIron Ethernet Switch Layer 3 Routing Configuration Guide, 08.0.30:

"ARP behavior with VRRP-E

In the VRRP-E implementation, the source MAC address of the gratuitous Address Resolution
Protocol (ARP) request sent by the VRRP-E Master router is the VRRP-E virtual MAC address. When
the router (either the Master or Backup router) sends an ARP request or reply packet, the sender’s
MAC address becomes the MAC address of the interface on the router."

--
Thank you,
Chris Evans