[f-nsp] Replacement for ADX?

Wilbur Smith wsmith at brocade.com
Wed Mar 30 14:27:07 EDT 2016

Yeah…
Sorry about the new website design; plenty of the field engineers (myself included) hate it too. Marking thinks it look AMAZING though, so there not listing to us. Best advice I can recommend is to click the “Contact Us’ link at the bottom of our page, select General/Customer satisfaction, an tell them what you think.

Concerning out EOS announcement for the ADX, we’re definitely making a shift to NFV. This is really being pushed by the adoption of virtualization and cloud services like AWS, but I understand that plenty of customers still have physical servers.

Brocade acquired SteelApp and its entire development team from Riverbead over a year ago. Since them, we’ve rebranded this Virtual Traffic Manager (vTM) and increased developer resources of it. We also have the Virtual ADX (vADX) that’s based off of the original hardware ADX and has most of the same functions.

I’m sorry to see the hardware ADX go away too, but I think the market is changing so quickly that even F5 and A10 will start to make this transition.

Wilbur