[f-nsp] Spanning tree on brocade

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.com
Tue May 24 17:15:46 EDT 2016

All of your tips and best practices, none of which exist at present  - will be going into a maintenance window.

Does anyone have any experience with Broadcast storm control?

I see for iSCSI it is supposed to be turned off according to the "best practice FCX for iSCSI"

Rate Limiting
iSCSI traffic can generate bursts of heavy traffic that can be mistaken as traffic storms. The Brocade FCX provides ability to limit these storms on the switch, but in dedicated iSCSI SANs, as being configured through this document, this feature should not be enabled. By default, this feature is disabled which is why there is no need to enter any additional commands.

Syntax: [no] broadcast limit <num>
Syntax: [no] multicast limit
Syntax: [no] unknown
-unicast limit

However this same "best practice FCX for iSCSI" document recommends disabling spanning tree on host facing ports...which I do not want to do, happy with portfast instead.

http://community.brocade.com/dtscp75322/attachments/dtscp75322/ethernetswitches/2538/1/BrocadeFCX_iSCSI_SAN_ConfigGuide_GA-CG-285-00.pdf