[f-nsp] [MLX] - Disable snmp-auth-failure logging

Franz Georg Koehler lists at openunix.de
Wed May 17 04:06:00 EDT 2017

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 08:53:37AM +0200, Mathieu Adamczewski wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to make my MLX forget messages in
> logs when an unauthorized IP tries to connect to my equipment.
>
> Because I have in my logs I constantly this kind of message:
>
> May 15 10:05:51: I: Security: SNMP access from src IP 185.35.62.142
> rejected, 1 attempt (s)

We see those messages in the logs for years now.
While I initially thought this is related to a missing snmp filter, the filter
is set correctly. It looks like the ACL in the snmp community statement does
not prevent the packets from hitting the SNMP server (other than the ssh
filters) and the SNMP server logs those messages.