[f-nsp] High LP CPU usage on MLXe-16

Alexander Shikoff minotaur at crete.org.ua
Thu Apr 12 11:02:19 EDT 2018

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 02:41:32PM +0000, Eldon Koyle wrote:
>    Have you checked dm pstat to see what kind of traffic is hitting the CPU?  Just wondering
>    if this is something related to the customer and not the fact that the port was in a LAG.
>    We usually find that high lp CPU utilization is caused by multicast issues in our
>    environment.
>    dm pstat will show various packet counts per lp since the last run, I usually ignore the
>    first run.
I've checked "debug packet capture" on that card.
It is usual unicast traffic.

It looks to be possibly related to DEFECT000570731:

Symptom: On 20x10G Line card module high CPU condition could be seen when the command "no route-only"
is enabled.
Condition: "no route-only" option is enabled when there is a LAG spanning across multiple ports on the same 20
x 10G Line card module.

But I don't find the way how to fix that.
I've tried to configure port as route-only, and then turn it back to 'no route-only',
but that did not help.

MINO-RIPE