[f-nsp] FCX and target path 8.0.10m (and an aside)

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Thu Feb 22 05:16:19 EST 2018

The silence was deafening!

So bit of a development with this.  We had three stack failure events
which required a hard reboot to sort.  We made the decision to upgrade to
8.0.30q (we also replaced the CX4 cable, just in case it is degraded in
some way).  Upgrade was all fine.

Initially after the reboot, we didn't see the ping loss issues.  But over
the past few hours it has started to creep in again, much the same as
previously.  I've not re-done all the tests like shutting down one then
the other ospf interface to see if it makes any difference to the problem,
but my gut feeling is it will be just the same.

Anyone any thoughts?  Could there be some sort of hardware failure in one
of the units that might cause these symptoms?  Maybe I might have more
diagnostic tools available.  What might also be interesting is trying to
downgrade back to the 7.4 version we were running previously, where we
didn't see these issues.  But that's more service-affecting downtime.

Jethro.