[f-nsp] OSPF and BGP flapping when enabling a certain amount of BGP neighbors

Jörg Kost jk at ip-clear.de
Fri Jun 29 08:53:47 EDT 2018

That's true, the CER/CES icmp redirect is only available on interface
level. The MLXe prompt indeed looks like this:

(config)#no ip icmp ?
   burst-normal       Number of packets per second in normal burst mode
   echo               Global ICMP Echo message control
   fast-echo-reply    Harware assisted ICMP response generation
   max-err-msg-rate   ICMP max error message rate per second
   mpls-response      Global ICMP error response control on MPLS labeled
packet
   redirects          Global ICMP Redirect control
   unreachable        Global ICMP Unreachable message control

On 29 Jun 2018, at 14:24, Chris Wopat wrote:

> Yep we're aware it's old- they're not doing much and haven't been
> problematic. Curious what version folks are running? I reached out to
> Extreme in February, and they recommended 6.0.00f even though it was
> not
> yet out at the time.

Currently we run 6.2.0b, 6.2.0a, 5.8.00f. Can't complain as the changes
are minor, 6.2 introduced BGP teardown restart-interval, that feature
was kind of important for us.