[f-nsp] MLX-8 Policy Based Routing Help

mvangent at digitalpath.net mvangent at digitalpath.net
Mon May 7 17:32:10 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am trying to cut over from multiple CES routers to one MLX router in my
core and am having issues with policy based routing messing with OSPF. I
have setup a test environment as described below, and attached all relevant
configuration files(stripped of sensitive info). I also attached the actual
problem demonstrated in a txt file. I would appreciate any help anyone could
provide. It appears that the MLX simply does not support Policy Based
routing in the same manner that the CES did.

Test Bed CES: 10.10.1.99

                VE177 To MLX-8 IP 10.0.177.4/24 OSPF cost 110 int e 1/1

                VE 178 to CES .48 IP 10.0.178.4/24 OSPF cost 10001 int e 1/2

                LOOPBACK1 ip 10.10.1.99

MLX-8

                VE 177 to CES .99 IP 10.0.177.1/24 OSPF cost 110 int e 6/1

CES .48

                VE 179 to CES .99 IP 10.0.178.1/24 OSPF cost 10001 int e
1/13

When you apply route-map enat on the mlx all routes move to the .48 as the
route map breaks OSPF somehow. "Actual Problem Demonstrated.txt" shows
exactly this.

Thanks in advance!

--

Matthew Van Gent