[f-nsp] Layer 2 packet forwarded in hardware(PP)

Eldon Koyle ekoyle+puck.nether.net at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 10:23:06 EDT 2018

Have you tried running dm pstat?  It can sometimes help identify the type
of traffic causing issues.  First run is a throwaway, it shows counts since
the previous run.

I think dynamic arp inspection can still run without any L3 configured.  It
is also possible that you have some kind of hardware entry that is
flip-flopping (duplicate MAC, some kind of multicast, etc.) or a lot of
broadcast/unknown unicast traffic.  Also, multicast is treated like
broadcast if you don't enable igmp snooping, which will eat CPU.

It would take an insane amount of ARP traffic to generate that much load on
the lp cpu, so that may be a red herring.

--
Eldon