[f-nsp] FCX High CPU Diagnostics

Derek Maxwell derek.maxwell at chosentechgroup.com
Wed Apr 3 13:51:55 EDT 2019

Anyone have any thoughts on how to diagnose intermittent 99% CPU utilization on a FCX624? We're running Layer 3 code and high CPU usage seems to be causing BGP sessions to drop.

I'm able to run sh cpu, but it doesn't give a breakdown of what process is using high cpu.

Port utilization is low, BGP is only taking a single route at this point so re-convergence is not beating it up, and I don't see anything revealing in the logs. The problem has persisted after multiple reloads.

Thanks for the guidance.