[f-nsp] #LifeBeyond750k [was: Where have all the MLX/XMR users gone to?]

Jörg Kost jk at ip-clear.de
Fri Feb 15 04:39:41 EST 2019

Oh well, I am more into blocking certain ASNs and insert a default route
into the network. I took some of the top de-aggregation networks from
the CIDR-reports, that I am not interested in, and generated some
negative list.

Input:
https://github.com/ipcjk/asnbuilder/blob/master/customASN.txt
Output:
https://github.com/ipcjk/asnbuilder/blob/master/saveTheFIB.txt

This saves around 90k IP4 routes and 13k IP6 routes, nothing fancy
there. This can be fine-tuned to bare minimum, enriched with *-flow or
telemetry data and aligned with downstream customers.

So instead of our current positive tracking (which ASN accumulates
what-bytes), we could apply negative tracking (which ASN is not peer, is
not having traffic, ..) and add this to our saveTheFIB as-path. If the
netflow collector sees traffic to a ASN, put the routes back into the
system.

Long-term I am thinking about the SLX9640 as a replacement for our edge
MLXE-4s. Also I often jealously look at the CER-RT-X FIB and cry ;)

Jörg