[f-nsp] #LifeBeyond750k [was: Where have all the MLX/XMR users gone to?]

Clement Cavadore clement at cavadore.net
Sat Feb 16 18:52:08 EST 2019

On Sat, 2019-02-16 at 20:52 +0100, Robert Hass wrote:
> Regarding CER-RT
> Starting NI 5.8 speed of BGP convergence is much better than in
> earlier software releases.
> They changed priority of BGP process for scheduler.

Is it the case for NI 6.0 ?
I am running that version on CER-RT boxes, and actually, I'd prefer to
have slower convergence (with a default route for example), rather than
 a 100% stuck CPU on BGP/IO processes, because it makes other protocols
(OSPF/BGP sessions & so on) flap because of the lack of available CPU
cycles to handle keepalives.