[f-nsp] Where have all the MLX/XMR users gone to?

Fredy Kuenzler kuenzler at init7.net
Mon Jan 28 16:21:28 EST 2019

We‘re testing the SLX for a while now but figured that quite a bit of the wheel got reinvented, or, to be more precise, the new wheel is only halfway round as of today.

Any suggestions for $other_vendor? I actually liked the hardware of the SLX - 24*10G and 12*100G.

Meanwhile, BGP4 aggregation is our new buddy... #LifeBeyond750k.

--
Fredy Kuenzler
Init7 (Switzerland) Ltd.

http://www.init7.net/

> Am 28.01.2019 um 22:06 schrieb i3D.net - Martijn Schmidt <martijnschmidt at i3d.net>:
>
> I think everyone is phasing out their X-scalability hardware in anticipation of the global routing table growing larger than 786k IPv4 routes. These boxes don't have a long life ahead of them as a DFZ router, unless you only use X2-scalability cards in your chassis.. and with operators essentially being forced to upgrade to a completely different platform (SLX or $other_vendor), Brextreme's advantage of being the incumbent vendor in the network is pretty much completely negated.
>
> Finally, as a BDA, let me tell you that being stabbed in the back when it comes to my certification record has not benefited my opinion of the new owner(s) of the Brocade diaspora. Why they decided to not only pull the plug on the entire Brocade education program, but also delete the historical certification database from CertMetrics, is beyond me. It has become impossible to check the validity of years' worth of Brocade credentials.
>
> Best regards,
> Martijn
>
>> On 28 January 2019 21:35:56 CET, Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr <bengelly at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nope, just very little chatter.
>>
>> BR.
>>

>>> Le 28 janv. 2019 à 20:32, joe mcguckin <joe at via.net> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Is there a new list for Foundry/Brocade/Extreme?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> joe
>>>

>>> Joe McGuckin
>>> ViaNet Communications