[f-nsp] Where have all the MLX/XMR users gone to?

i3D.net - Martijn Schmidt martijnschmidt at i3d.net
Tue Jan 29 04:45:11 EST 2019

Yeah, except: that "update" is just a BGP compression algorithm on the SLX-OS software. Your hardware still only carries 1M routes, but they simply don't install overlapping subnets with the same next-hop into FIB. So you are really just stuck with hardware that has less route scalability than the good ol' X2-scalability MLXe linecards in every measurable way.

Best regards,
Martijn