[f-nsp] SLX 9640 experiences

Aaron aaron at wholesaleinternet.net
Mon Jun 3 09:59:04 EDT 2019

We have 2 of these.  They're based off the VDX platform, not the MLX so
there are some differences in the command syntax.  Nothing major
though.  For us they were not ready for production.  We found 3 bugs
right off the bat that have prevented us from using them.  A new
software version was released last week.  We'll be testing it today.
Hopefully it'll do the trick because from the testing we've done already
they are little workhorses.  And really, for the price they can't be beat.

Aaron

On 6/3/2019 5:50 AM, Robert Hass wrote:
> Hi
> I'm looking for users of new SLX 9640. We consider that platform as
> MLXe replacement in Internet (full DFZ) Edge/Core segments. Any
> problems / comments ?
>
> BTW. Did anyone compared SLX 9640 versus Arista 7280 or NCS 5501-SE ?
> I'm also happy to hear feedback.
>
> Rob

Aaron Wendel
Chief Technical Officer