[f-nsp] Where have all the MLX/XMR users gone to?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Mar 15 22:06:04 EDT 2019

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019, Jörg Kost wrote:

> On 13 Mar 2019, at 16:03, Jon Lewis wrote:
>>  If I'm interpreting that output correctly, the router has a total of
>>  917504 CAM entries for routes, it's split between v4/v6, and in spite of
>>  the system-max settings, this router will be out of FIB space at 786432 v4
>>  routes / 65536 v6 routes...or any moment now for v6.  This router is
>>  logging CAM partition warnings about free slots being low.
>
> Something around this, I think it was even 768000 v4 routes only.
>
> Can you check the output of:
>
> show ip cache
> show ipv6 cache
> show ip route summary
> show ipv6 route summary

I'm not where I can easily get at all that info, but I do have the first
two available.

Total IP and IPVPN Cache Entry Usage on LPs:
Module		Host		Network		Free	Total
1		 826		 755362		292388	1048576
2		2181		 755362		291033	1048576

Total IPv6 and IPv6 VPN Cache Entry Usage on LPs:
Module		Host		Network		Free	Total
1		 151		  66067		251738	317956
2		 150		  66067		251739	317956

These numbers, esp the IPv6, don't really make sense, since the v6 ones
imply the router has reserved more space for IPv6 route-cache than the
system-max settings requested...and regardless of what the show ip[v6]
cache output says, the router seems to be out of slots.  It's got a couple
of full transit feeds and a couple dozen public peers...so roughly 755k v4
routes and roughly 66k v6 routes.