[f-nsp] Netiron AS4 capabilities

Bogdan Rotariu bogdan at rotariu.ro
Sat Jul 1 07:58:57 EDT 2023

Thank you, I will not argue anymore as there is not so much interest from Mikrotik.
Yes, RR is an option, but a bad RR implementation is worst than no RR.

Mikrotik last answer is related to the BIRD/FRR issue from 2021:

"That bird problem is completely unrelated. They did not use 2bytes for the length field when extended length bit was set. RouterOS does not do that, length is encoded properly.”

Unfortunately we do not have any support for the CERs and ICXs we have within our network since Brocade got split in many pieces so we cannot ask Extreme Networks anything regarding CER. We do have 2+ years sessions up the CER’s, I cannot say nothing wrong about Netiron.

In the last days I’ve been testing Mikrotik’s CHR 6 release, Junipers vRR, Cisco IOS xRV, none of these generate issues to the CER and neither are affected by the Mikrotik. The only software in my testing that was affected by this is the Netiron, Dell 4032F prints the error and discards the prefix.

Thank you again for your great interest in this issue.