HW-9 Receiver Sensitivity?

Jim Lowman jmlowman at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sat Apr 5 21:13:53 EST 1997

One of the pieces of Heath gear that I have wanted for my collection is an
HW-9, preferably with the WARC band mod installed.

An OT and good friend, whose opinion I respect, commented that the receiver
sensitivity of the HW-line was not too good.  This surprised me, when
considering Heath's reputation in general, and the requirement of a good
receiver for low-power work.

He seemed to think that I'm better off with my Index Labs QRP+ in the long
run.  Granted, we're talking about a 30-year difference in technology.

Anyone care to comment on this?

73 de Jim - KF6CR
San Bernardino, CA   DM14JC