Heath Dial Cylinder

Gary F. Franklin franklin at NET-LINK.NET
Tue Apr 8 20:36:52 EDT 1997

George Folse wrote:

> Hello All,
>          Does anyone know if there is someone reproducing the Dial
> Cylinder for the Heath tx and rec,for the TX 1,RX 1,MT 1,HG 10, etc.
>
> George Folse    KB5WWO     kb5wwo at juno.com
> 630 Dolhonde St.
> Gretna,La.70053
> 504-362-1896     ph/fax
> Collector of Heathkit,EF Johnson,and Atwater Kent          AMI#937

I know of no one reproducing Heath dial scales for the TX-1, RX-1, etc., however I have
thought of producing the scales on a CAD system then making copies of the plot output
onto clear acetae. Then affix the acetate sheet to an opaque 1 1/2 inch plastic tube cut
to length. Tubing of this size is standard and available. Producing the dial scale on a
CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) system would be time consumming because I have found the
scales are not linear!!   Another Project!!

Gary  K8BKB
franklin at net-link.net