Heath Keyer w/TS-850

Robert Paschal r-paschal at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Apr 9 17:44:16 EDT 1997

Burt, I don't think the mod you mention has to do with negative line keying
as it operates to change the Vce of Q6 which is in the positive line control
circuit.

The path of the negative line keying is through Q5 and R25 and through the
power supply. Note that this circuit can only key approximately 10mA.(See
page 63 of the manual). I'm not familiar with the TS-830 but it might be
worth checking to see if its keying circuit draws more than 10mA.

Bob  AA0MC