Another ? on transverters

Steve & Anne Ray sbralr at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Sun Aug 10 20:47:59 EDT 1997

While I don't have a SB-102 (I own HW-101) I do have the manual for the
SB-102 and it shows how to hook up the transverter with the SB-102.   It
uses the driver output which is low power to run the transverter.  It
appears that the HV to the SB-102 final, also runs to the transverter.  It
appears the finals in the SB-102 are disabled when the transverter is
turned on.  If you have the manual the foldout showing the hook up is
opposite page 120.  If you need a photo copy of the hook up send me a large
SASE and I will copy and send it to you.

73

Steve Ray    K4JPN   ex K1VKW   HW-101, HW-8, SWL 30-40 and NC 38S Heath
Kit fan

----------
> From: Barney (ZygomaD on IRC) <borealis at PTIALASKA.NET>
> Subject: Another ? on transverters
> Date: Friday, August 08, 1997 2:52 PM
>
> Hello, all.  Mostly I just lurk here, as my only Green Box is the SB-102
> got 27 years ago.  Fired it up recently, and it seems to still work OK.
> Next step is a radiator more efficient than a dummy load, tho'.
> Once I finally get back on HF (it's been a good 15 years since I've been
> below 50mc)  er, MHz...   VHF has caught my fancy.  Per Bob's request
> above, who can tell me about the driver output on the back?  Is that
> sufficient to run, say, a TenTec 6m transverter, or do need to put a
> massive RF pad on the regular RF port, or keep the drive pot *way* down
> when using transverters?
> From reading Wayne's whines in "73", it would seem the HF bands have
kinda
> gone bad.  As soon as I can figure out a way to get some ladder line out
of
> my shack from the tuner to a dipole without setting fire to the house at
> the voltage hot spots, I'll check HF for myself.
> Meanwhile, my question is still:  what do I need to do to use Ol'
SugarBear