HX-11 meter question.

Edward Zeranski ejz at NOSC.MIL
Sun Aug 10 22:23:39 EDT 1997

At 01:49 PM 8/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have a Heath HX-11 (same insides as a DX-20), but on mine I am not sure if
>the meter is original. On all the pictures that I have seen, the meter looks
>like the typical clear square plastic cover that is on a few of those models.

        I have a nice HX-11 that is clean, complete, works, and far as I know
original. The only change was replacing the flaky osc tube socket with a
mil grade ceramic. It even has the plug to cover the xtal puka. I just ran
back to the shop for the meter ID and this is what I have:

200MA meter FS+/- 3MA, R=500 ohms, built by Ideal Precision Meter Co. The
logo is "Heath Company, Benton Harbor Mich. Upper, plate, scale is 0-200,
lower grid scale is 0-8. The bezel has a slight top to botom taper, not
square. Thats the news from Lake Wobegon and hope it helps.

Ed Zeranski  This is a private opinion or statement.
home email:  ezeran at cris.com