Transmitter Behind Bars!

Dick Dillman ddillman at IGC.APC.ORG
Tue Aug 12 17:00:50 EDT 1997

I've just returned from a visit to Alcatraz with my niece who's
visiting for a week.  I've been there several times and highly
recommend it as one of the better tourist trips here in San Francisco.

But this time there was a new addition in the central guard's control
room.  There, behind the bullet proof glass and next to the antique
intercom switchboard sat... a Heath HX-10 Marauder!  I guess it was
placed there with the thought that all electronics-type things are
pretty much the same but there it sits, complete with PTT hand held
microphone.

I say we go bust that baby outa there!

Regards,

Dick