Heath ID-4001

Lloyd J. Peterman lpeterman at ACRONET.NET
Thu Aug 14 10:44:57 EDT 1997

I have a ID-4001 with a problem.

My problem is I am missing the "detail" sheet that came with the operation
manual, therefore do not have knowledge of proper voltages, etc.  I do have
the schematic however.

The unit works in all aspects except wind direction. The indicators varies
between ESE & SE no matter what the movement of the vane.

The outside unit is fine as verified by direct replacement of a known
working unit (my neighbor's).

I'm guessing the problem is with U102 and/or U103.

Is 6.2 volts the proper supply to the vane?

Anyone give me shortcut jump start to the problem?

Thanks and 73,

Lloyd N9BBQ