Unbuilt Heathkit to trade for same

Terry Alan Perdue terryp at HALCYON.COM
Tue Aug 19 21:04:57 EDT 1997

I found a DF-2 "Mariner" Radio Direction Finder at a swap meet last
weekend. The top cover of the carton had been opened, but nothing was
disturbed. This unit was introduced for $99.95 in 1958, and the market was
boaters, hikers, hunters, etc. It runs off of six "D" cells, covers the AM
broadcast band and 200-400 kHz, and has a (pushbutton) lighted dial. The
case is the same style and probably the same size as the "lunchboxes", but
two-tone "sea-foam green". I also have an assembled unit that is missing
the ferrite rod antenna.

If you have an unassembled Heathkit to trade, and would find this one more
to your liking, let's talk. And, if yours is worth more than mine, I have
other swapping stock to make up the difference.

Terry