Oldie-newbie info?

Barney ("ZygomaD" on IRC) borealis at PTIALASKA.NET
Wed Aug 27 11:16:43 EDT 1997

Hello all.  I've still running my venerable SB-102 that I got 25 years ago,
and am more interested in keeping it running than getting into mint-quality
collecting.  I remember there were some station accessories for it, like an
external LMO (SB-640?), and some way to link it to an outboard receiver, I
believe, possibly an SB-303?

Part of my big problem is that I was away from HF for so long, and when
Heathkit pulled their big plugs from the ham scene, I lost touch with the
product line.

So now, like a complete imbecile, I wonder if there's some easy way to find
out what the HW-8/9/16/17 are/were, and the model numbers for the
single-bander HW series, stuff like that.  Is there an archive with specs
for thses things, or is my best bet just to pay someone for a 20-yr-old
Griefkit catalog?  Seems like it would be fun to come up with a CW QRP rig,
and something affordable I could run in my car (I've got an HP-13x P.S.)
for SSB, but don't know if a HW-101 would hold up to the rigors of mobile
use and such, hence the query about the single-banders.

Any (printable) ideas?

Tnx es 73,
--Barney Wilborg    KL7HNY
Soldotna, Alaska  ("Soldotna" is a Russian word for "place where the gods
go poop")

  Give me a C:\> or give me death!   (Geez, I hate Windoze...)