Proposed Heath WWW Reference Source

Chris Trask ctrask at PRIMENET.COM
Fri Aug 29 14:39:34 EDT 1997

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Jim Lowman wrote:

> Keith Rowland wrote:
>
> >      I have desperately needed such a reference many times since Heath
> > turned its back on the ham fraternity.
>
> I don't think it's so much a case that Heath turned its back on the ham
> fraternity.  As I recall, when Zenith bought Heath, the small business
> mentality was replaced by the usual corporate greed.

        And at the same time, the interest in the amateur community in
building equipment either from scratch or kits diminished, and then the
appliances took over.  The result of this period is that we are now
blessed with engineers who have little or no hands-on experience, and
little inclination to acquire any.  These same individuals now look at
people like me and declare that we're "over-qualified."

        Go figure.

                                          Regards,

                                          Chris

     ,----------------------.       Circuit Design for the
    / If you understand it,  \            RF Impaired
   /   then it's obsolete!   /
   \  _______,--------------'        Chris Trask / N7ZWY
  _ |/                               Principal Engineer
 oo\                                 ATG Design Services
(__)\       _                          P.O. Box 25240
  \  \    .'  `.                  Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
    \  '"        \                     Technical Editor,
     .       (  ) \                      QRP Quarterly
      '-| )__| :.  \                     QRP ARCI 9464
       c__; c__;  '-..'>.__      Email:  ctrask at primenet.com

                    Graphics by Loek Frederiks