HW-8 Problems

Mark A. Andrews KE4IOF at HIWAAY.NET
Sat Aug 30 00:54:03 EDT 1997

Ok guys, I have a mystery (at least to me). I have a HW-8 that will quit
receiving when you "touch" the case, then start receiving when you touch it
a second time. I've opened the case and the same thing happens when you
touch any of the crystal cans or some of the bus wire or the tuning knob or
the outer case screws or the nylon power connector. And I don't mean "touch
and wiggle or thump"; I mean touch only. This first happened to me when I
was tuning across 40 meters (it happens on all bands though). I initially
thought there was a problem with the tuning cap, but now I don't think so.
Has anyone else had this problem? It seems I've seen this mentioned
somewhere before...

Mark

 Mark A. Andrews, KE4IOF - Amateur Radio Operator
      QRP-L #146               and Libertarian

     "Whether You Think You Can Or You Can't,
                   You're Right!"