Help on SB640/SB101

Stewart Lyon w6cux at JUNO.COM
Fri Dec 12 21:32:36 EST 1997

Hi gang;
I'm trying to connect a LMO to my SB101 without the aid of a manual.  Is
there someone out there who has a SB640 manual and can provide the pages
that deal with connecting the SB640 to the SB101?? I can send an SASE or
will respond to an email with my mailing address.

The LMO I'm using is actually the output port of a SB301 receiver that
supposed to go to a SB401.  I've got it to work pretty well by lifting
the coax that goes to the xtal oscillator inside the SB101and connecting
the coax (through a capacitor) to a line coming from the SB301 LMO. This
works in the "Locked Aux" but not in the "Unlocked Aux" position.
Somehow they must have used the xtal oscillator as a switchable follower
but I can't get it to work.

Another thing that bothers me and that the manual might help is that I
must set the SB301 on USB even when I'm using LSB on the -101.  As we
know, when on LSB, the LMO is biased to shift the frequency so that it
beats on the opposite side of the filter. One would think this would be
true even for an external LMO.  I haven't put a counter on either LMO -
mostly because I don't have one - but the logic seems that both LMOs
should be on the same frequency and therefore on the same sideband.  Any
ideas??

Thanks in advance for your help.  How do you like my new email address?
First time on this server - and its free.

73,
Stu Lyon, W6CUX
Winnetka, CA

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov