DX-100 Questions / Wants

Robert P. Okas vintage at BEST.COM
Mon Dec 15 18:34:06 EST 1997

> Now, the question.  My manual shows the loading control to be two controls,
> concentric in nature, with one part (the outer ring) controlling a special
> fixed, multi-value capacitor for course loading and the other part, the
> inner part of the concentric setup controlling a variable capacitor for
> fine loading.  The DX-100 I presently have does not have this dual
> concentric loading control.  Was there a mod published on the loading
> controls for the DX-100?

Walt,

    I can't cite the reference right now, but Heath sold a mod kit to
replace the stepped "coarse" and variable fine loading controls with a
triple 365 pF air variable cap. Sounds like yours is equipped with the
mod, which IMHO, is a much better arrangement. Heath also published a
grid-block keying mod which seems to work FB in my DX-100.

Bob - W3CD
Redwood City, CA

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov