Apache - latest chapter

Bill Coleman N2BC n2bc at IBM.NET
Sat Jul 12 14:27:33 EDT 1997

Once again , thanks for the responses to my previous post (highly modified AF
board).

I managed to completely reverse engineer the board, just took a bit of
detective work. I now have a labeled picture. Hmmm..  I'll stick it in an ASCII
file and post it here.

The audio is now mostly 'stock' and to my leathery ears sounds much better.
Mostly stock means I replaced the 510pf blocking caps with .005uf to get more
low freq response.

Now for the latest problem...  too much juice!   The High B+ is too high.
Should be  750V - I have 860V.   I was going to build up some SS 5R4
replacements, but I think that's a bad idea. Other voltages are nominal (350V =
355V for example), bleeder is fine, it's not the HV meter shunt. Only thing
I've done in the area is replace the pair of 125uf filter caps with 200uf jobs
from the junque box. I wouldn't think that would make that much of a
difference.

I see three options: 1) run with it until....  2) dig up some 125uf caps 3)
outboard a variac (messy). Comments??

Today's project is cabinet cleanup. Need to replace the petrified feet.

Everybody have a great weekend!   73, Bill
Bill Coleman (N2BC)
Email: n2bc at ibm.net