SB-100 help...

Alexander N. Gerli angerli at CONNIX.COM
Tue Jul 15 11:15:51 EDT 1997

Hi,

Further to my posting on the "dead" SB-100:

Well, it ain't exactly dead any more. Suddenly, the receiver came to
life. However, while I can achieve S9+20 readings for the calibrator
signal, normal signals don't move the S-meter hardly at all. The
receiver doesn't seem to be deaf; there's adequate sensitivity, and the
alignment seems to be peaked pretty well.

Could there be intermittent contact to chassis ground on any of the PC
boards which I should particularly look for??

I'd appreciate any hints and kinks you might be able to pass my way.
I have the original manual, complete but taped profusely...

73,
SANDY GERLI, AC1Y
500 Country Club Road
Avon, CT  06001-2406
(860) 675-5566
angerli at connix.com
heath at listserv.tempe.gov
Life Member: ARRL and QCWA
Charter Member: Collins Collectors' Association

REMEMBER - REAL radios use firebottles...