Heath Users Group

Robert C. Jones w5tu at JUNO.COM
Wed Jul 30 17:44:59 EDT 1997

Greetings to all you Heath dudes and dudettes!

I, too, am hooked on the jolly green giants!  Built my first Heathkit
when I was about ten years old.... a crystal set.  Got my novice ticket
(WN5JJO) in 1964.  Got serious about Heath in 1973 when I built the
SB-102.  An SB-610 Monitor Scope, SB-200 Amp, HM-102 Watt Meter, and
HM-15 Phone Patch followed over the next few years.  And, that's still
the station today.  Also picked up a nice HW-8 ($75) a few years back and
just love it.  When Heath got out of the business, I picked up a spare
SB-102/SB-600/HM-102 package at a hamfest in Arkansas for $160.  Best buy
was here in Texas ...an HW-101 for $20!

Great to find the Heath reflector.  Will look forward to sharing info and
stories with all of you!  By the way, has anyone got a "sure fix" for the
SB-102/HW-101 S-meter drift problem other than matching the first and
second IF amp tubes (V3 & V4 - both 6AU6s)??

73.....  Bob, W5TU   (W5TU at juno.com)

       Real radios glow in the dark!