Fredrichshaven Grmany fest

William J. Graham bgraham at TECNET1.JCTE.JCS.MIL
Sat Jun 28 15:06:55 EDT 1997

Just came back from the F'haven germany fest.  Again glad I went but
disappointed as well.  Seems to be more crowded each year and less actual
ham gear more commercial/computer/misc junk/busines radios, etc.

They bill this as the "dayton of Europe" and it is the largest but I
kind of suspect that they don't really mean the flea market as it
just doesn't compare.  This year it was so crowded you couldn't walk
without hitting 3 people.

Very few ham BAs.. a few Zitems of Collins sline/KWM for astronomical
prices, some heath test equip one lonely SP600 was about it. Did see
a few "plastic" table radios also for large amounts and of course
it does come close to dayton for the new equip vendors, etc.

Not worth a trip across the Atlantic, but if anyone is in germany
or elsewhere i Europe the last weekend of June it would be worth
a look.. oh I forgot, there was also a bc348 for abou $350.

73

Bill
N5LMX/DA1WG