AK-5 speaker

John johnmb at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Mar 22 15:58:58 EST 1997

>At 12:46 PM 3/22/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>Larry,
>>
>>There was a speaker made for the RX-1, it is an AK-5.  I have never seen
>>one. It is mentioned in Chuck Penson's book "Heathkit, A Guide to the
>>Amateur Radio Products", published by Electric Radio Press.  There is no
>>picture in the book, however.  I would guess these are scarce as hen's teeth.
>
>        I've seen 2 of them, both at Nick's place (KD4CPL)...I now have
>one of them. They are one of the ugliest pieces of industrial design
>ever wrought (IMHO :-) )....

        Its a wooden dark green cab, with the heath script in chrome,
the "grille" is front-panel-light green, with round holes about a half
inch in diameter drilled in it. It's about as tall as the
Apache/Mohawk/Marauder...and about 6" deep.

 A speaker only a boatanchor collector/user could love.

        John (a boatanchor collector/user)

        WTB: Knobs for an AR-3